Tuesday 6 January 2015

Losing Your Confidence | Gaining

The last blogpost I did really helped some of you, and I'm so glad it did! I've always thought I was bad at giving advice, but it felt really amazing to write something that helped you all! I also felt like I got a lot off my chest too.

This blogpost is kind of inspired by my last one, and has the same type of topic so it connects.

Recently, one bad thing happened to me, which was about my family member and she was at risk of becoming terminally ill. I was so scared, petrified for my family member as I'm so close to her, I don't think she would appreciate me telling you who she is! Anyway, I kind of just let out all of my tears at school, which was so horrid.

I cried to my teacher and friends and I made them cry. I feel like, in a way which some of you might struggle to understand, it knocked down my confidence at school as I was so worried. A few days later, I found out she was going to be okay, so I instantly felt a little bit better, but I still had a part of me that was worried. The thought of crying at school makes me cringe too haha.

A few days ago, someone made a hate account for me. I've never had this type of thing made about me before, and I tried to hide it but it kind of got to me and my confidence got knocked down. I've had a lot of hate over the internet before, but easily shook that off and forgotten about it, but unfortunately this hit me. 

As you may already know, I am a very anxious person and get paranoid way too easily, so I kept thinking 'what if the person that made this account is someone I know?' and many more things. I let my mind keep thinking about one bad thing and I slowly became so upset over the stupidest things.

I feel as if I have picked myself up soooo much since then. As I look back on it, I feel almost silly to have done that. And you can really easily let yourself become upset, depressed, unhappy and so on about one topic when you make yourself think about it too much.

I think when you're on the time of the month *ahem...* you are much more prone to have mood swings and being emotional, so definitely don't worry too much if that's the case! 

When picking your confidence up, I think it's easier for yourself to do big things a step at a time. Go at your own pace, and don't push yourself too fast in to doing something you don't want to do. With the pressure of peers or strangers around, you can end up doing something you don't want to be doing, so it's important to take time out for yourself or take your time with things.

I know that when I was younger I used to 'copy' people and their ways, and if they were more 'skilled' or 'complexed' than me in something I would pretend I was too, or push myself way too hard and end up hurting myself either emotionally or physically haha. 

It's so important to be who you are, and not another copy of someone else. I feel like that way, you can also find yourself gaining 'fake friends' who can really knock your confidence down.

I've moved from a few secondary schools in my life and I've learned that being yourself is literally the best way to gaining confidence. 

Maybe you don't have a thigh gap? Who cares?! Embrace what you have already, don't change yourself for anyone apart from yourself. It may be something silly like your cheekbones don't stand out enough. GURL IF YOU WANT TO BRONZE THEM UP DO IT or go bronzer free and embrace the cheekbones you have. You don't want to wear makeup at school? Who does?! Be au natural for a day, don't care about what people think, and if people are staring at you it's probably because they're thinking 'SHES SO BLIMMING PRETTY WITHOUT MAKEUP!'

When gaining your confidence, you can even do small tasks at nighttime like writing in a diary (like writing all of your 'extra thoughts' or worries down) and yoga. This will relax yourself and give you a piece of mind before you sleep, so you wake up in the morning feeling like you can go out into the day and conquer the world with your energised and slowly-getting-there confident self! 
Writing your thoughts down before bed will give you an open mind and a stress-free brain to sleep with. It's horrid when you're trying to get to sleep when you're thinking about a million different things.
Or even have some sleep tea or just normal tea. I've heard amazing things about sleep tea! 

Personally, if I'm feeling stressed I like to sing. Doesn't that sound so cringey. Let's not overthink it. I really enjoy singing, even if I'm singing badly along to a spot of One Direction's Steal My Girl or trying to sing my heart out to a Whitney Houston song, I flipping love it and it makes me so happy! COME ON WE ALL LOVE IT. I love being home alone and going for it #theswagisreal . 

Also, I love to type in YouTube 'Little Mix acapella' as their voices are sent from heaven I swear. Or I like to type in 'Perrie Edwards best vocals' because boy can that girl sing. 

Be true to who you are and you will get there in the end! Do what makes you happy <3

I feel like writing these blogposts really relieves me and makes me so happy. I feel so much more confident almost writing these! I really hope you guys are liking these blogposts, they mean so much to me. Let me know if you would like me to carry on with these sort of blogposts! I love hearing your feedback :) 

I really love you all,
Love,
Danni,xo  <3

9 comments:

  1. Dani, I love your instagram and youtube and now I have found your blog and I love it too. Please make more of these blogposts! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post and your blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should really write this sort of stuff more often! I personally love reading this sort of stuff because it makes me realise sometimes that I'm not the only one who goes through some of the things you've mentioned in your last 2 blog posts. It obviously clearly helps you as well to get things off your chest, these posts aren't hurting anyone so go for it!

    Bec x

    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blogpost was amazing! Please do more like it!

    - Jess xx

    heyitisjess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I think you should do some more posts like this because I love reading things like this :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This blog post is so inspiring! You should write more like these x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! i've nominated you for the liebster award because your blog is perfect! Check out my recent post for details!
    http://floralbeautxo.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/liebster-award.html
    - xoxo Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this blog post!

    www.gold-and-silver-sparkles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've nominated you for the Liebster award so check on my blog for the details xxx
    Dalal :) monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete