Monday 5 January 2015

Facing Your Fears: Inspired By Girl Online

I'm sitting in a car, driving in the dark listening to dramatic music and in this moment I'm very inspired. 
I've deleted a numerous amount of blogposts that were meant to be surrounding this topic, but I'm kind of just going to go for it. This blogpost is also perfect for the start of 2015! 

Anyway, this blogpost is inspired by the book Girl Online, as in the book, Penny, aka Girl Online, creates a blogpost called Facing Your Fears. In the blogpost she writes about having the courage to do things, I'm writing a blogpost inspired by that blogpost (blogpost, blogpost, blogpost!). I hope you enjoy! 
I'm writing this blogpost to not only give you courage, but for myself as this is my space where I feel so happy to write everything down and let out my feelings, almost like my little online diary for you all to read.

I'm a very anxious person, I'm not really sure if people understand that half the time. You may be reading this like 'typical blogger/YouTuber that always gets anxious' but I think the reason why bloggers and youtubers create their platforms is because it gives them confidence, and it completely does! Especially for me, I've gained so much confidence since I created my blog and YouTube channel.

But anyway, I'm still very anxious and I struggle to overcome things. I also get way too paranoid about certain things. In various situations, I'm always thinking 'they're watching me', 'they're judging my hair', 'they'll make fun of me if I do this' and so on. 

I get this burning feeling across my face, which sounds really strange, where I just want the ground to bury me. 
I've recently thought, stuff it. Life is way too short to care what everyone thinks. 

Even though you and I may have that little voice inside your head that's telling you to stop, push it aside and go for whatever you want to do! 
I think the fact of people staring at you can put you off whatever you're about to do,  99.9% of the time, that's me. 

So whatever you want to do, even if it's as little as raising your hand in class or as big as creating a YouTube channel, go for it! I know that whenever I get called on in class, I get the horrible burning feel across my face and at the pit of my stomach I feel like my heart has just dropped. But you know what? STUFF THAT! I was really nervous to start a YouTube channel but literally, Life is too short. 

You may as well start a YouTube channel at the time you have the burning desire to do so!  
You lonly live once (let's not cringe) and ain't nobody got time for someone to sit there in class stuttering upon what they are going to say next. 

If you're a really anxious person and struggle with anxiety, push yourself to do ONE thing per week that really is facing your fears! So go for it! Make 2015 a great year, and hopefully pushing yourself to do one thing per week that faces your fears can lead to building confidence! 

I'm not at all an expert in aniexty, but I know it's a terrible thing. I really hope this blogpost has helped some of you out. If you like, tell me one thing in the comments you're going to overcome soon :) 

Love you all,

Love, 
Danni,xo 

8 comments:

  1. Great post xx I wrote a blog post surrounding this topic on Saturday xx http://www.emilybelleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/feel-fear.html?m=1 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really helps me thank you so much! I'm quite an anxious and shy person but this helps me a lot. Thank you!
    PS I love your YouTube and your Instagram. Your cool 🙈

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing Dani, really shows how much determination you have, keep strong xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post I love your YouTube channel aswell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you Danni, and this is so inspiring <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really appreciate this post Danni, I too get anxious and I'm even scared of what people think of me, Thankyou x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is all so true and I can totally relate as I'm always getting that weird burning feeling on my face in class because I feel all shy and like everyone is looking. You're right though, stuff the mean people! Haha x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such good advice and you're so right about bloggers creating their platforms to gain confidence! I had 0 confidence before I started and although sometimes I struggle with confidence, having my blog and sharing it with people has made me realise that I shouldn't care what other people think of me! Such good advice here Dani!

    Becca x

    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete